Do you want to cover your vacation home with a policy that isn't quite right? Probably not. Then why go with a company that doesn't specialize in seasonal home insurance?
- GET FOREMOST
- IS THIS FOR YOU?
- CLAIMS COMPARISON
- GET AN AGENT
Your seasonal home isn't standard and your insurance policy shouldn't be either. You need specialized coverage that will take care of the things that matter to you. Foremost specializes in seasonal home insurance and understands your needs. Lucky for you, an agent can help you choose the right Foremost policy for your seasonal home, so you can relax while someone else takes care of the paperwork!
We've got you covered:
Choices! You can choose a package that fits your seasonal home or vacation property or create your own customized policy. You choose what fits with your needs. Don't forget, Foremost also offers vacation rental home insurance!
- No primary residence requirement. Unlike other companies, Foremost doesn’t require that your primary residence be insured with us in order to insure your seasonal or secondary property.
- Comprehensive Property Coverage. This means we cover most direct, sudden and accidental physical losses that aren’t specifically excluded in your policy.
- Named Peril Coverage. This means that we cover "perils" (fire, explosion, lightning, windstorm and hail damage) which are specifically named in your policy, subject to policy exclusions and conditions.
- Liability Coverage. This provides coverage if you're found legally responsible for an accident that causes injury to someone who doesn't live in your home or causes property damage to another's property.
- Actual Cash Value. In the event of a covered loss, this covers the cost to replace or repair your damaged property, with a deduction for depreciation, which reflects the age and condition of your home.
- Agreed Loss Settlement. If your home is destroyed by an insured loss, you receive the full amount of agreed upon insurance for your home (minus any applicable deductible). No hassles.
- Optional Replacement Cost. Purchase Optional Replacement Cost coverage and get a settlement that reflects the cost to replace the damaged items with new property of comparable material and quality, without any deduction for depreciation.
- Extended Replacement Cost. You can receive up to 25% of the insured amount, to replace your home! (not available in all states)
- We also offer choices for:
- Replacement Cost coverage on personal property
- Additional coverage for jewelry, watches and furs
- Business property and liability
- High liability limits
An agent can help you save money on a Foremost policy
by asking a few questions.
Do you have a superior insurance score? Savings.
Are you 50 years of age or older? Savings.
Take advantage of the knowledge at hand.
Not all insurance companies have thousands of highly trained and exceptional agents across the country ready to provide you the best policy for your seasonal home property, in person. Agents are ready to answer the questions you didn't even know you had about Foremost insurance.
Do we insure you?
Foremost specializes in seasonal home insurance policies. Lots of homes don't qualify for "standard" or "preferred" homeowners insurance for many different reasons. Foremost specialized in homes that many not qualify elsewhere, including seasonal or secondary properties, as well as properties in rural areas. Visit an agent to help you choose the right Foremost policy for your seasonal home.
Foremost also insures vacation rental homes - this is defined as a dwelling which is non-owner-occupied and rented to others for temporary habitational or vacation purposes, not to exceed five consecutive months by one tenant. Check out our vacation rental homes under landlord and rental home insurance.
Foremost offers flexible payment plans, including pay on-line, by mail or electronic funds transfer. Keep in mind that higher deductibles can help lower the cost of your premium.
If you purchase your National Flood Insurance Program policy through Foremost, you'll have a personal, professional agent helping you make sure that your home and your belongings have the coverage you want in the event of a flood.
Your seasonal home isn't standard and your insurance policy shouldn't be either. Foremost specializes in seasonal home insurance and understands your needs. It's a smart choice to go with Foremost where over 55 years of experience is on your side. That's why we are here to tell you that a Foremost seasonal home policy can cover you so you can continue to get away.
|What If?||Other Companies/Policy with Minimal Coverage||Foremost Seasonal Home Policy|
|What if I want to get a separate insurance company to cover my seasonal home?||Most insurance companies require that you insure your primary residence with them also.||Foremost doesn't not require that your primary residence be insured with us in order to insure your seasonal property.|
|What if I want to pick and choose my coverages?||You may have to fit into whatever policy the other insurance company has.||Foremost offers flexibility with you in mind. You can choose to design your own policy or choose one of our packages.|
|What if my seasonal home is insured and it is considered a total loss after a natural disaster?||It may be an unpleasant surprise how much you receive for your home to be rebuilt.||With Agreed Loss Settlement, in the event of a covered loss, you would receive the amount of insurance for your home that is listed on your policy (minus any applicable deductible). No surprises.|
|What if I usually don't qualify for "standard" or "preferred" insurance?||Chances are you won't be able to insure your seasonal home with many insurance companies.||Foremost specializes in the non-standard homes. We offer coverages for homes that may not qualify elsewhere.|
WHY AN AGENT?
"Insurance? I knew absolutely nothing about it, at all. I started looking around and found that there are a lot of companies out there and a lot of information to sort through. So much in fact that I became overwhelmed and didn't know which way was up. Unfortunately, I didn't have a trained advisor guiding me and helping me select the right coverages and ended up paying too much for limited coverage. After my first accident, I found an insurance agent that took me step-by-step through what I needed. What a refreshing experience!"
We want you to take advantage of the knowledge!
Take advantage of our thousands of highly trained and exceptional agents across the country ready to help you choose the best Foremost insurance policy for you. With all the confusing ways to buy insurance out there today, why not stick with a trained professional who knows the ropes. An agent will focus on saving you time, money and hassle on purchasing and maintaining your insurance. They will help you choose the best policy for your lifestyle. Period.
Why get an Agent?
over 55 years of experience.
sound like you or someone