If you had a choice would you want to try to fit a square peg in a round hole? Probably not. At Foremost, we don't fit square pegs in round holes, we make specific spots just for you.
- GET FOREMOST
- IS THIS FOR YOU?
- CLAIMS COMPARISON
- GET AN AGENT
Your rental property isn't standard and your insurance policy shouldn't be either. You need specialized coverage that will take care of the things that matter to you as a landlord. Foremost specializes in landlord and rental insurance and understands what's important to landlords. Lucky for you, an agent can help you choose the right Foremost policy for your rental property, so you can relax while someone else takes care of the paperwork!
We've got you covered:
Choices! As a landlord you can choose a package that fits your rental property or create your own customized policy. You choose what fits with your needs. Don't forget, Foremost also offers vacation rental home insurance!
- Comprehensive Property Coverage. This means we cover most direct, sudden and accidental physical losses that aren’t specifically excluded in your policy.
- Named Peril Coverage. This means we cover "perils" (fire, explosion, lightning, windstorm and hail damage) which are specifically named in your policy, subject to policy exclusions and conditions.
- Optional Replacement Cost. Purchase Optional Replacement Cost coverage and get a settlement that reflects the cost to replace the damaged items with new property of comparable material and quality, without any deduction for depreciation.
- Agreed Loss Settlement. If your home is destroyed by an insured loss, you receive the full amount of agreed upon insurance for your home (minus any applicable deductible). No hassles.
- Actual Cash Value. In the event of a covered loss, this covers the cost to replace or repair your damaged property, with a deduction for depreciation, which reflects the age and condition of your home.
- Extended Replacement Cost. You can receive an additional 25% of the insured amount, to replace your home! (not available in all states)
- Liability Coverage. This provides coverage if you're found legally responsible for an accident that causes injury to someone on the rental premises or causes property damage.
- We also offer choices to help protect you as a landlord:
- Loss of Rents
- Liability limits
- Personal Injury
- Other Structure
- Repair Cost
- Water Damage from Sewers and Drains
New! Foremost offers a Platinum Package for Landlords in many states. This package offers a number of additional enhancements that will benefit you. Ask your agent about the Platinum Package!
An agent can help you save money on a Foremost policy
by asking a few questions.
Do you have a superior credit based insurance score? Savings.
Are you a member of a Landlord Association? Savings.
Do you use a Property Management Company? Savings.
Do you insure multiple properties with Foremost? Savings.
Do you conduct approved tenant screenings? Savings.
Does your property have approved central fire and burglar alarms? Savings.
Take advantage of the knowledge at hand.
Not all insurance companies have thousands of highly trained and exceptional agents across the country ready to provide you the best policy for your rental property, in person. Agents are ready to answer the questions you didn't even know you had about Foremost insurance.
Do we insure you?
Foremost specializes in landlord and rental insurance. Here are some examples of the types of homes that our program covers:
- Duplexes, triplexes and quads
- Converted Victorians
- Row homes
- Properties with up to four living units
- Older and lower-value homes
- Homes with minimal cosmetic conditions
- Vacant homes
- Properties under renovation
- Vacation rental homes - this is defined as a dwelling which is non-owner-occupied and rented to others for temporary habitational or vacation purposes (daily, weekly or monthly), not to exceed five consecutive months by one tenant.
Foremost offers flexible payment plans, including pay on-line, by mail or electronic funds transfer. Keep in mind that higher deductibles can help lower the cost of your premium.
If you purchase your National Flood Insurance Program policy through Foremost, you'll have a personal, professional agent helping you make sure that your home and your belongings have the coverage you want in the event of a flood.
Your rental property isn't standard and your insurance policy shouldn't be either. It's a smart choice to go with Foremost where over 55 years of experience is on your side. That's why we are here to tell you that a Landlord/Rental policy can cover you so you can continue to relax.
|What If?||Other Companies/Policy with Minimal Coverage||Foremost Landlord/Rental Policy|
|What if I own and rent out two different houses, one in great condition and the other is a work-in-progress?||Other companies may not take the home that is in less than ideal condition.||Foremost specializes in non-standard and non-preferred rentals and homes in great condition also.|
|What if I want to pick and choose my coverages?||You may have to fit into whatever policy the other insurance company has.||Foremost offers flexibility with you in mind. You can choose to design your own policy or choose one of our packages.|
|What if I'm a member of the Landlord Association and use a Property Management Company?||Other companies may give you a high-five.||With Foremost you will receive discounts for being a member of the Landlord Association or using a Property Management Company, just to name a few.|
|What if I have 8 rental homes that I want to insure?||You may have different policies, different payment dates and a lot of different hassles with other companies.||With Foremost, we can write all your rental homes on one policy, no hassle, one policy, one payment.|
WHY AN AGENT?
"Insurance? I knew absolutely nothing about it, at all. I started looking around and found that there are a lot of companies out there and a lot of information to sort through. So much in fact that I became overwhelmed and didn't know which way was up. Unfortunately, I didn't have a trained advisor guiding me and helping me select the right coverages and ended up paying too much for limited coverage. After my first accident, I found an insurance agent that took me step-by-step through what I needed. What a refreshing experience!"
We want you to take advantage of the knowledge!
Take advantage of our thousands of highly trained and exceptional agents across the country ready to help you choose the best Foremost insurance policy for you. With all the confusing ways to buy insurance out there today, why not stick with a trained professional who knows the ropes. An agent will focus on saving you time, money and hassle on purchasing and maintaining your insurance. They will help you choose the best policy for your lifestyle. Period.
Why get an Agent?
landlord and rental policy that offers the coverages that are specific to what I want as a landlord.
sound like you or someone