Don't think it's going to happen to you? We hope it doesn't, but flood insurance is a smart idea no matter where you live.
Flood insurance is a smart idea no matter where you live. Anywhere it rains, it can flood. Floods are the most common natural disaster, and have accounted for more than $2.7 billion U.S. flood losses since 2001. Lucky for you, an agent can help you choose the right policy to protect your home, so you can relax while someone else takes care of the paperwork!
We get it.
We aren't the only company offering flood insurance. That's why we're committed to doing a better job than the competition. It all starts with your policy. If you choose to purchase your National Flood Insurance Program policy through Foremost, you'll have a personal, professional agent helping you make sure that your home and your belongings have the coverage you want in the event of a flood. A Foremost agent can talk you through the details and help you choose the right policy to protect your home. Act now, because most flood policies have a 30-day waiting period before flood coverage goes into effect.
Flood Insurance Coverage Options:
Low-to moderate-risk areas
Most buildings and their contents in a low- to moderate-risk areas are eligible for a low-cost Preferred Risk policy. A Preferred Risk policy offers two types of coverage: building and contents combined or contents-only. Rates start as low as $49 per year for contents and $129 for building plus contents coverage.
If you live in a low- to moderate-risk area and you don't qualify for a Preferred Risk policy due to multiple flood losses on your property, a Standard Risk policy is available.
Customers in high-risk areas can purchase Standard Risk coverage for the building only, contents only or for both the building and contents.
Based on the value of your building and its contents, coverage is available up to the following maximum limits of the National Flood Insurance Program:
If you need coverage beyond these amounts, you may be eligible for a separate Excess Flood policy. Please locate an agent to find out more about the Flood insurance program.
Flood insurance policies cover direct physical loss by or from flood to your building and personal property. The following is an overview of items that would be eligible for coverage subject to the coverage purchased.
Building Property coverage includes:
- The building and its foundation
- Electrical and plumbing systems
- Central air conditioning equipment, furnaces, and water heaters
- Refrigerators, stoves and built-in appliances such as dishwashers
- Permanently installed carpeting over unfinished flooring
- Permanently installed paneling, wallboard, bookcases, and cabinets
- Window blinds
- Detached garages (up to 10% of Building Property coverage)
Personal Property (contents) coverage includes:
- Personal belongings, such as clothing, furniture, and electronic equipment
- Portable air conditioners
- Portable microwave ovens and portable dishwashers
- Carpets not permanently installed over unfinished flooring
- Washers and dryers
- Freezers and the food in them
- Certain valuable items such as original artwork and furs (up to $2,500)
- Replacement cost coverage is not available for personal property
- Debris removal at federal minimum wage (not subject to deductible)
- Loss avoidance measures ($1,000 limit, no deductible)
- Increased Cost of Compliance — flood proofing, relocation, elevation
and demolition (subject to limitations and qualifying criteria)
Take advantage of the knowledge at hand, locate an agent to help you choose the right insurance today, so you can relax in your home tomorrow.
Coverage for basements and property in them is limited regardless of flood risk. Your agent can help you in determining your flood risk and the type of flood coverage you want to purchase.
Take advantage of the knowledge at hand.
Not all insurance companies have thousands of highly trained and exceptional agents across the country ready to provide you the best policy for your flood insurance, in person. An agent is ready to answer the questions about Foremost insurance you didn't even know you had.
If your community participates in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), flood insurance is available for single family residences, condominium owners and associations, renters, mobile and manufactured homes, commercial structures and other residential structures regardless of your flood risk.
Devastating floods can occur throughout the United States anytime of the year. Don't think you need flood insurance? Talk to an agent to get informed about flood insurance through Foremost and check out these statistics, you may be surprised.
- You don't have to live by water to be at risk. Anywhere it rains, it can flood. Approximately 25-30% of all flood claims occur in low- to moderate-risk areas.
- Most Homeowners insurance policies do not cover flood damage — federal flood insurance does. Flood insurance also covers damage from mud flow, dirt and debris resulting from moving water.
- A home in a high-risk area has a 1 in 4 chance of being damaged by a flood during the course of a 30-year mortgage.
- In order to receive federal assistance in the event of a flood, the President of the United States of America must declare the flood area a federal disaster. Less than 50% of floods in the U.S. are classified as federal disasters.
- The most common form of Federal disaster assistance is a loan that must be repaid with interest.
- Flood insurance is affordable. Flood damage is not. In 2007 alone, flood insurance claims in the United States were nearly $600 million, with an average claim of $33,356. Compare this to the average annual flood premium of $540.
Keep in mind that higher deductibles can help lower the cost of your premium.
Why an agent?
"Insurance? I knew absolutely nothing about it, at all. I started looking around and found that there are a lot of companies out there and a lot of information to sort through. So much in fact that I became overwhelmed and didn't know which way was up. Unfortunately, I didn't have a trained advisor guiding me and helping me select the right coverages and ended up paying too much for limited coverage. After my first accident, I found an insurance agent that took me step-by-step through what I needed. What a refreshing experience!"
We want you to take advantage of the knowledge!
Take advantage of our thousands of highly trained and exceptional agents across the country ready to help you choose the best Foremost insurance policy for you. With all the confusing ways to buy insurance out there today, why not stick with a trained professional who knows the ropes. An agent will focus on saving you time, money and hassle on purchasing and maintaining your insurance. They will help you choose the best policy for your lifestyle. Period.
Take advantage of the knowledge at hand and locate an agent to help you choose the right insurance today, so you can relax tomorrow.
Why get an Agent?
There is so much more to know than what is on this site. An insurance agent is educated and knowledgeable on insurance products and policies. They can answer the questions you didn't even know you had.
Get a Lower Cost.
Contrary to popular belief, working with an agent can actually save you money. Agents are professionally trained to help you choose the right policy for you. This saves you from paying for the extras that you don't want.
Get Extra Time.
Don't spend time shuffling through papers, trying to figure out if you have the right insurance. Get an agent to take care of the paperwork, so you can take care of having fun with the products you are insuring.
Agents are far more efficient at cross-checking and knowing what policies fit best. They can answer your questions and explain coverages in detail.
Get Personal Care.
Your agent can provide personal care and follow-through that you wouldn't receive on-line. They will welcome you, educate you, book your policy, take your claim information and thoroughly follow-up.
In most cases insurance is necessary. If you have to spend your money, why not spend it the right way?
Let an experienced agent take care of you from start to finish with the right policy; a Foremost policy!
It's a comfort to know that if something where to happen, we're taken care of. It's worth it.
sound like you or someone
Availability: Flood insurance is available in all 50 states, as long as your community participates in the National Flood insurance Program (NFIP), except in Coastal Barrier Resources System (CBRS areas. Ask you Foremost agent if your community participates.
About the coverages described on this site: Your insurance contract is contained only in your policy, not in this website. Your insurance protection may vary from the coverages described here, depending on the standard coverages included in your policy and the optional coverages you purchase. Credit is only used by underwriting or rating where allowed by state law. We use credit-based insurance scoring in some cases. *Coverage may not be available in all areas.