Do you sit on your boat while it's parked in the driveway, ready for the waves with no water in sight? We didn't think so. Then why would you insure it with a policy meant for a home?
- GET FOREMOST
- IS THIS FOR YOU?
- CLAIMS COMPARISON
- GET AN AGENT
A boat can bring you a lot of good times! It's also a commitment of time and money. That's a big investment to put at risk when a typical homeowners policy will not adequately cover your boat! Lucky for you, an agent can help you choose the right Foremost policy for your boat, so you can go out and enjoy the waves while someone else takes care of the paperwork!
We've got you covered:
- Agreed Value Hull Coverage. We don't nickel and dime you at the time of a loss. Foremost will cover your boat for an agreed amount, period. That means we will pay that amount of insurance if you have a total loss, agreed upon and stated on your policy. This gives you an added measure of protection. Available on boats newer than 26 years old.
- Total Loss Settlement Endorsement. Do you have a new boat and want to have extra protection in the event of a total loss? This can save you a lot of worry and money! We will pay up to 20% more than the amount of insurance to replace a covered watercraft with a current model. And it only costs $10 to add to your coverage! The endorsement must be added to the policy no later than one year after the watercraft's model year. Eligibility continues during the five years following the model year, provided it's successively renewed with the policy. This way you don't have to worry about depreciation.
- Liability Only. This broad coverage is meant for accidents involving your boat (the coverage is for third-party injuries and property damage). This option allows you to make the decision to only buy Liability coverage. You decide.
- Increased Limits. You can choose the limits that you want on your liability.
- Annual Policy. If there's a beautiful sunny day, you don't want to miss it. No calls, no hassle with our annual policy, you can insure your boat even in the "off-season."
- Optional Actual Cash Value Hull Coverage. With this coverage we will apply depreciation at the time of loss. You choose the coverage you want and the premium option that works for you.
- Towing and Assistance. We will pay for towing or assistance expenses you incur while in the water or on the road (with a trailer equipped to transport your boat safely).
- Pollution Liability. This covers sudden and accidental oil or fuel spills from your watercraft for which you are legally responsible because of an accident.
- Trailer Coverage. The Foremost Boat Insurance Program covers trailers equipped to transport your boat safely (exclusions apply).
- Medical Payments. Hopefully never needed, but always important with boat insurance, this coverage pays for the necessary medical care you receive as a result of a boating accident. This program also covers any guests in the boat at the time of the accident.
- Personal Property. Fishing equipment, wet suits and more are covered with Personal Property coverage.
- Uninsured Watercraft. This takes care of YOU, when the other at-fault person doesn't have insurance. Uninsured Watercraft will cover injuries and damages that you incur that the other person is legally liable for, such as medical treatment and lost wages.
- Wreck Removal. We cover just that, wreckage removal. This pays for reasonable costs from any attempted raising, removal or destruction of your insured boat, when you are involved in an accident with a third party.
- Water Sports Liability. This is automatically included with a purchase of liability coverage, for bodily injury or property damage caused by someone towed by your watercraft for activities such as waterskiing, knee boarding, wake boarding or tubing. Devices that are designed for flight are excluded.
An agent can help you save money on a Foremost policy
by asking a few questions.
Do you have other policies with Foremost? Savings.
Do you have more than one boat to insure with Foremost? Savings.
Do you have approved safety equipment or devices to help prevent loss on board? Savings.
Are you renewing your policy with Foremost again this year? Savings.
Does your policy have an Actual Cash Value loss settlement? Savings.
Is your vessel equipped with devices to help prevent loss? Savings.
Take advantage of the knowledge at hand.
Not all insurance companies have thousands of highly trained and exceptional agents across the country ready to provide you the best policy for your boat, in person. An agent is ready to answer the questions about Foremost insurance you didn't even know you had.
Do we insure you?
A Foremost boat policy covers a wide range of boats- sail and power, inboard, outboard, inboard-outdrive and jet drive. Just about any make or model of boat can be covered under our program. Visit an agent to help you choose the right Foremost policy for your watercraft.
Foremost offers flexible payment plans, including pay online, by mail or electronic funds transfer. Keep in mind that higher deductibles can help lower the cost of your premium.
While it's true that boat accidents are less common than car accidents, the bottom line is when a boat accident happens you want the right coverage. Trusting your boat to a homeowners policy may bring you an unpleasant surprise at claim time. That's why we are here to tell you that a Foremost SPECIALIZED boat policy, beyond your homeowners policy can cover you so you can continue to ride the waves.
|What If?||No Insurance/Added to your Homeowners Policy||Specialized Boat Policy|
|What if your boat hits another vessel and sinks to the bottom of the lake?||You will more than likely be responsible for having your boat pulled out of the lake. You may also be responsible for costs associated with pollution cleanup for the fuel and other chemicals that have leaked from your boat.||A specialized boat policy provides coverage for towing, recovery, pollution cleanup, and repair or replacement.|
|What if my boat is in an accident and is considered a total loss?||Many homeowners policies only offer a low limit of coverage for you boat…not necessarily the value of your watercraft.||With a Foremost Agreed Value Boat Policy, you receive the amount agreed upon in the event of a total loss. The amount isn't depreciated so you know what you will get!|
|What if your boat is docked and theft occurs on board, with fishing poles, clothing or coolers stolen?||Some types of homeowners policies place strict limits on off-premises coverage or could exclude certain type of personal property.||A Foremost Boat Policy provides protection for your personal property. This way you can take your personal items with you on the water.|
|What if another boat that doesn't have insurance causes damage to your boat?||You may end up paying for all the repairs to your boat out of your pocket.||A Foremost Boat Policy provides an uninsured boat option that covers you in the event the person at fault is not insured.|
WHY AN AGENT?
"Insurance? I knew absolutely nothing about it, at all. I started looking around and found that there are a lot of companies out there and a lot of information to sort through. So much in fact that I became overwhelmed and didn't know which way was up. Unfortunately, I didn't have a trained advisor guiding me and helping me select the right coverages and ended up paying too much for limited coverage. After my first accident, I found an insurance agent that took me step-by-step through what I needed. What a refreshing experience!"
We want you to take advantage of the knowledge!
Take advantage of our thousands of highly trained and exceptional agents across the country ready to help you choose the best Foremost insurance policy for you. With all the confusing ways to buy insurance out there today, why not stick with a trained professional who knows the ropes. An agent will focus on saving you time, money and hassle on purchasing and maintaining your insurance. They will help you choose the best policy for your lifestyle. Period.
Why get an Agent?
sound like you or someone